It’s important to practice healthy dental hygiene. Yes, brushing your teeth regularly can help you keep your teeth healthy and remove plaque. However, preventive treatment is recommended by dental professionals. This is because tooth cleaning does not help to overcome any signs of dental hygiene troubles. It could be anything like plaque build-ups, gum diseases, etc.
The dental hygienist uses a variety of techniques and good quality dental products, depending on the treatment type. Proximators, scalers, dental explorers, curettes, and other common tools are included in the list. Their professional assistance is a must to prevent and control any oral diseases. Thus, helping in keeping the patient’s smile healthy and bright.
But choosing the best dental cleaning tools from a wide range might be difficult for most dentists, especially newer ones. Therefore, if this is something that worries you as well, the necessary equipment for your dental office is listed below.
Common Dental Instruments for Teeth Cleaning
Dental curettes help remove the teeth’ calculus or tartar buildup. This thin coating is developed on the teeth after eating. Further, it combines with liquids, saliva, or food, releasing acidic bacteria. This results in the enamel breakdown. On the other hand, calculus is a mineralized form of plaque. It does not go easily with everyday brushing or flossing. Also, it takes the form of brown or yellow stains. While these are vital habits to maintain dental hygiene, professional help is essential. Dentists use dental curettes to remove the tartar by scraping off the deposit from the tooth surface. Thus, providing the patients with healthy, white, and bright smiles.
Periodontal probes are vital equipment for any teeth cleaning kit. It has a long handle with a curved end and is made of premium stainless steel. Usually, dentists use these tools to explore the tooth’s pocket depth and assess any signs of gum disease.
Numerous sorts of probes can be used, each with a different function. Some of them also feature calibrated tools with a blade that resembles a tapered rod and has a rounded tip. It aids in identifying and quantifying any increase or decrease in periodontium attachment levels.
As a result, cleaning will be more efficient when the patient’s mouth issues can be quickly identified.
Dental elvatomes are used when performing teeth cleaning and extraction. Its spade-shaped and fine tips are ideal for entering the hard-to-reach mouth spaces. Fiber incision becomes much easier.
Sometimes when analyzing tooth problems, dentists find it hard to locate if the tooth extraction is possible or not. Here, elvatomes loosen the tooth roots. Further, making it easy to perform atraumatic extractions if the cleaning requires that. It is made from good quality steel. Therefore, it assures optimal durability and enables access to the mouth from varying angles.
Dental Instrument Kit
- Mouth Mirror: One essential piece of dental equipment is handheld mouth mirrors. Oral hygienists can use it to locate and examine the challenging areas of the mouth. For instance, there are dental issues in the patient’s mouth’s back oral cavity. Here, the dental mirror can assist in using other tools to safely get to the precise place.
- Dental Tweezer: Dental tweezers are widely use by professionals to hold and position cotton rolls between the gums and cheeks. Many tweezers come with angled serrated tips. It provides the required and right angle to execute a better tooth cleaning process.
- Bone Scooper/Sinus Plugger: It is an instrument with a large spoon on one end. The other end comes with the plugger. The role of this tool is to support the use of other teeth cleaning tools without harming the surrounding tooth.
- Dental Explorer: In the patient’s mouth, explorers are accustom to seeing calculus deposits. There is a cow horn-shape end to this equipment. One more has an angled tip. Typically, an assessment tool is necessary for your clinic because you can administer care without determining the root of the patient’s oral health issues. This identifies cavities, plaque, tartar, and several other problems in oral hygiene.
- Saliva Ejector: A saliva ejector is a vacuum-connected suction device that removes saliva from the mouth. With the help of this long tube, dentists can easily clean the patient’s teeth on a dry patient’s mouth surface. This equipment is also very helpful because it collects the extra water after the scaler’s use is over.
- Proximators: Though a dental proximator is a surgical tool, it assures minimal damage during any dentistry procedure.
The dentistry industry is advancing and moving towards innovative and new tools frequently. This has made it easier for the hygienist to perform advanced practices with great safety and efficiency. However, choosing the right equipment for oral care is challenging, especially when you are new to the practice and get overwhelm with a wide range of innovative tools.
So, these are some of the teeth cleaning tools mentioned that you can go through and choose those that meet your dentistry services. All these tools like curettes and dental instrument kits will help prevent oral health problems and deliver your patients the best possible care. Ensure you pick durable and quality dental products to perform the specific procedure with efficacy and precision.
Thanks for Reading!!