feeding a child who’s suffering from gas is an unpleasant experience for you both. With just a few sips your child could be crying in pain or vomiting up their milk. You’re worries and overwhelmed about the health of your child.
Gas happens when air gets stuck in the stomachs of infants or intestines. It is usually cause by the consumption of excessive air in milk that they drink when they eat. Gas is a significant source of irritation for your child, it is very frequent in infants due to their inexperienced stomachs and digestive system. Here is a comprehensive guide to buying the Best Baby Bottles for Gas and Colic Prevention.
The benefit is that with the right bottle, you’ll be able to lessen the signs of frequent issues related to feeding, including gas. There are many choices available with each one promising something different. It’s difficult to go through the options and choose the one that is best for you and your child.
How do I choose the right baby bottle that is best for my child?
Let’s take a look at different kinds of baby bottles, and the stacks they make up.
- Bottles for basic use the bottles typically made are appropriate with the bulk of kids. Choose bottles made from plastic, glass, or stainless steel.
- Bottles with a neck that is angled: They are bent at the neck to prevent the Nipple from filling with air, resulting in more effective feeding along with a less gassy baby. Its shape can make it difficult to clean, however.
- The disposable liner bottles are construct from a tough shell (usually comprised of plastic) that houses a container of milk. The bag will fall apart as the baby drinks, which will reduce gassiness. This bag was design so that it is simple to wash (because you’re disposing of every bag.
Different types of baby bottles Nipples
Baby bottles infant usually include nipples. However, nipples can purchased separately and come in a variety of designs and shapes. This is particularly helpful for infants with specific needs when it comes to feeding.
- Traditional nappies: These are bell-shaped typically latex nipples that are found within the bulk of infant bottles.
- Nips for braces designed to safeguard the baby’s teeth. The nipples are round on top, and they have a wider base.
- Nipples with flat-topped sides: Shaped more like the breast, they feature bigger base bulbs and an elevated top.
- Anti-vacuum nappies are create to prevent colic and gassiness by limiting the air that your baby breathes.
What to See For in a Baby Bottle for Gas
Vent or Valve
Look for a vent that has a removable opening or an integrated venting valve or system to let the air be able to escape from the bottle. This could reduce the amounts of gas a baby swallows when eating, and also reduce how much air is trapped that is in the stomach which can cause discomfort or gas.
Slow Flow Nipple
Choose a nipple that has a slow flow if your baby is feeling gassy. A slow flow of milk suggests that your baby is sucking gradually and more often, but not stopping as frequently.
What Experts Say
Another way to cut down on gas production during nursing is to burp often during and following the meal.
“A slow flow of baby cups is suggesting to decrease the chance of the infant not allowing enough space in his stomach, which is a possibility due to fast milk feedings that increase gas.