Nail ombre is a trend that has been around for a few years now, but it never seems to go out of style. This is because ombre nail are something that can be both expressive and easy to do at home. With ombre nails, you have the freedom to express yourself without ever leaving your house. The best thing about ombres? They can be done with any color! So whether you want them in pink or green, ombres will work for everyone.
The following article will cover all facets of ombres from what they are and how they’re worn, to some important tips on how you can keep your ombre manicure looking fresh as long as possible. By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll be a pro at ombre nails and will be able to show off your skills to all of your friends.
What Are Ombre Nails?
Ombre nails are a type of nail that have multiple colors fading into each other. This look can be achieved in a variety of ombre nail colors, so you’ll be able to express yourself in your ombre nail. With ombre nails, you can get exactly what you want without ever having to leave the house!
Ombre nails are perfect for any occasion, ombre blue nails are great for a night out on the town, ombre green nails will be perfect for a day at the beach, and ombre red nails are great for a date night. The possibilities are endless!
How to Do Ombre Nails at Home
The best thing about ombres is that they can be done at home with ease. So whether you’re a beginner or an expert, ombres are perfect for anyone. To achieve an ombre nail at home, you will need the following:
- A base coat
- Two or three colors of nail polish
- A top coat
Once you have all of these items, follow these simple steps to ombre nail.
- Prep your nails by applying a base coat to each nail. This will help the ombre colors stick better, creating a longer-lasting manicure.
- Once the base coat has dried, apply two or three coats of different ombre nail color combinations to each nail until you are satisfied with the look.
- Once the ombre nail is done, use tape to create a straight line at the base of each nail. This will help you create a clean ombre look.
- Apply a top coat to each nail and allow it to dry.
- remove the tape from each nail and admire your new ombre nail.
How to Keep Your Ombre Manicure Looking Fresh
Just like any other manicure, ombre nails require some maintenance in order to look their best. Here are a few tips on how you can keep your ombre nails looking fresh
- Avoid contact with water as much as possible. Water can cause ombre nails to fade and chip if they are exposed for too long.
- Apply a topcoat or ombre nail color as many times as you feel is necessary in order to keep your ombre manicure looking fresh.
- Make sure that your ombre nails do not go too long without a fresh ombre manicure, as this can also cause them to fade and chip.
By following these few simple tips, you can ensure that your ombre nail will look great for weeks on end! So get creative and have some fun with your ombre nails today.
Different Nail Designs
1. French Ombre
French Ombres is the ombre nails that people wear to make a statement with their nails. It is a perfect way to be louder and bolder with your ombre nails without ever having to leave your home. Follow these steps for French Ombres:
- start off by painting your nails with three coats of any color (try using two different colors for more ombre oomph).
- Paint one or two stripes of another color on the nail. The stripe should be thinner than the width of the nail and should end at about halfway up the nail.
- Paint one or two stripes of another color that is close to the first stripe (you don’t want colors that are too different). The stripe should be thinner than the width of the nail and should end at the tip of the nail.
- Top it off with a clear coat to seal in your design.
2. Glitter Ombre
Glitter ombre nails are one of the simplest nail designs you can do and they look incredibly chic and stylish. Here are some easy steps to create this look:
- Paint your nails with a light color as your base coat. We recommend using a nude or pale pink color for this.
- Once the base coat is dry, take a glitter polish in a darker color and paint it over the tips of your nails. You can use any color you like, but we recommend going for jewel tones like emerald green, ruby red, or sapphire blue.
- Once the glitter polish is dry, seal in the look with a top coat and you’re!
You can use any glitter color you want and the ombre effect created by this easy process will look gorgeous.
3. Pink Ombre
Pink ombre nails are one of the most popular nail designs right now. They’re classy, timeless, and can be easily customized to match any outfit or occasion. Here are a few easy steps to help you create your own pink ombre nails:
- Start by painting your nails with a light pink shade.
- Next, use a darker pink shade to paint the tips of your nails.
- Once the darker pink has dried, use a toothpick or a thin brush to blend the two colors together.
- Finally, seal in your new look with a top coat and you’re done.
Pink ombre nails are another ombre design that is popular right now. They can be worn to almost any occasion and will definitely bring attention to your hands.
4. Blue Ombre
Blue ombre nails are one of the most popular ombre designs that you see on ombre manicures. This design has the ombre hues start with a light, almost baby blue as the base color, and then gradually transitions into a bright cobalt blue. In some cases, the ombres will create a pattern around the edge of your nails. The pattern can be really elaborate or it can be as simple as alternating two colors to create an ombre effect.
Blue ombre nails are a really fun and exciting way to spice up your look without much effort at all.
5. Nude Ombre
Nude ombre nails are all the rage right now. This design is easy to achieve with a few simple steps. You can easily get this ombre nail with your favorite nude nail polish and some tape. This ombre nail design will change its look depending on what type of topcoat you choose to put on it. Your ombre designs can also be unique if you use random polishes for each color ombre. Be creative!
- Paint your nails with your favorite nude nail polish.
- Tape off the nail that you want ombre on with either scotch tape or washi tape (both work)
- Paint two colors of nail polish over the taped-off nail. One-color on the top and one color at the bottom.
- Make sure to seal in your ombre design with a topcoat.
- Remove the tape and admire your new ombre nail.